The principles of sustainability are at the heart of our business culture and are communicated to both staff and our suppliers, forming an essential part of the long term vision of the company. We have established a clearly defined list of sustainability objectives, with robust processes and procedures in place to ensure that they are met at every stage. Processes are also monitored and reviewed periodically.
We are committed to achieving the following sustainability objectives:-
- Minimising the impact of our activities on the environment and all stakeholders, in order to operate a business that is safe, sustainable and socially responsible.
- Responsibly sourcing all materials, minimising waste, reducing our carbon footprint and cutting water consumption.
- Employing high quality staff and being fully committed to their continual development, training and retention in the business.
- Continual investment in, and maintenance of, plant and technology to ensure optimum productivity levels.
- Working in a collaborative manner with our clients to maximise resource efficiency and minimise waste.
- Employing local labour to ensure local communities benefit from the company’s operations, including providing apprenticeships.
- Minimising material movements through ground modelling to ensure minimal environmental damage while achieving optimum economic earthworks solutions.
- Developing a series of KPIs to monitor sustainability progression.
- Please see our Environmental Policy - Download PDF