O’Brien Contractors Ltd, winner of ‘Tomorrow’s Company’ at the Construction News Awards 2014, are delighted to announce they have secured a new contract with RG Group.
The project will see O’Brien undertake the enabling works, substructures, associated drainage, along with the external works for the service yard and car park. The section 278 road works are also included in the O’Brien Contractors package.
As part of the contract, O’Brien’s have recommended a number of value engineering alterations that result in a large saving from the original disposal service, including the re-use of excavated materials in drain and service trench backfills and a potential redesign of the attenuation tank to minimise excavation and off site disposal.
Director of O’Brien Contractors, Stuart Chamberlain, sees the contract as further evidence of their proven ability to reduce costs whilst providing the highest quality and level of service possible “We pride ourselves on our flexibility and our ability to work with our clients regardless of the size, diversity or complexity of the project.”
“Our on-going commitment to using innovative new technologies allows us to continually im-prove the quality of our work and the speed of installation, saving our clients both time and money.”
The new Sainsbury’s supermarket is part of the £84 million regeneration of the former Wellesbourne Industrial Estate, designed to deliver new employment and residential opportunities.
Construction commenced in September and O’Brien will be on site for 20 weeks.
Key aspects of the project include:
- The installation of a reinforced concrete slab floor and foundation work, including ground beams.
- Car Park approx. 6,500m2.
- Reinforced concrete service yard approx. 3500m2.
- Below car park attenuation system of 864 m3 approx.
- Drainage up to 4 metres deep below car park and service yard.
- Civils works including duct trenching and boxes for water, gas, telecoms and electric service installations.
- Provision and installation of street furniture including anti-ram raid bollards, bus, trolley and cycle shelter, lockers and trolley bays.
- Slab and block paving.
- Section 278 highways improvements including footpath, carriageway works, pedes-trian refuges, bollards, beacons, street lighting and bus shelter.