We have been shortlisted in the Property and Regeneration category for the 2015 Birmingham Post Business Awards.
The winner will be the company that has demonstrated exceptional progress over the last year by growing financially and expanding the services they offer to clients. We have achieved a 59.98% increase in turnover and significantly invested in our earthworks service. During 2014/2015, we spent £220k in GPS technology and appointed an Engineering Manager and Assistant Project Manager to provide clients with the most efficient earthworks solutions, helping them reduce waste and cost. Across projects in Birmingham, our solution has prevented 27,000m3 of material from being taken to landfill, equating to:
- Avoided c.3000 of lorry movements across Birmingham.
- Saving 23T CO2 and fuel for 90,000 miles of 20 tonne lorry haulage, leading to less pollution in the atmosphere.
Other criteria that the company will be judged on include job creation, investment in equipment and infrastructure, industry recognition, accreditation, accolades, service innovation, strong commitment to the region and customer satisfaction.
In our submission we have demonstrated excellence and improvements in all of these categories.
Managing Director, Peter O’Brien said: “We are delighted to have been shortlisted in this category. We are a Midlands based company and committed to this geographical area, a strategy that will ensure we continue to deliver excellent projects for our customers and provide them with the best service for the best value.”
The achievements that have resulted in the shortlisting for this award include:
- Turnover increased by 59.98%, from £17.5m to £28.03m.
- Delivered 9 multi-million pound contracts which accounted for our 2014 turnover.
- Recruited 5 apprentices from the Birmingham area.
- Health and Safety: Maintained our accident rates well below industry average.
- Awarded consecutive ROSPA gold accolade.
- Invested £2.4m in plant and equipment.
The winners will be announced at the Birmingham Post Business Awards on Thursday 12th November at the International Convention Centre, Birmingham.