Trainee Buyer / Estimator - Full Time
- To work under the direction and guidance of an experienced Estimator / Buyer.
- Providing buying and estimating administrative support to the business.
- Estimating Manager
- Office based company staff
- Suppliers of services and goods
- Project Managers, site based managers and engineers
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the Estimating Manager with sourcing and purchasing of all materials for projects.
- Assist the Estimating Manager with accurate pricing of tender projects.
- Analyse quotations for both material and subcontractor.
- Negotiate with new and existing suppliers on material prices.
- Collate buying documents for the operational and maintenance manuals.
- Ability to interpret customer requirements from construction industry drawings and text.
- Undertake other duties as may reasonably be required and which are commensurate with the post-holder’s skills and experience.
Skills and Competence Requirements
Qualifications / Education
- Essential: GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths
- Desirable: OND Minimum – HNC / Construction related course
- Essential: Proficient in use of MS Office software packages
- Desirable: Construction experience in similar role
- £17,000 – £22,000 dependent on experience
*Ideally the candidate will be local to the head office in Cubbington, Leamington Spa
Please submit CV to: email@example.com for the attention of Tony Mitchell
Strictly no agencies at this time please.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.”