O’Brien Contractors are looking for a Trainee Buyer / Estimator to join our team at our head office in Leamington Spa to provide buying and estimating administrative support to the business, working under the guidance of an experienced Estimator / Buyer,
- Estimating Manager
- Office based company staff
- Suppliers of services and goods
- Project Managers, site based managers and engineers
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the Estimating Manager with sourcing and purchasing of all materials for projects.
- Assist the Estimating Manager with accurate pricing of tender projects.
- Analyse quotations for both material and subcontractor.
- Negotiate with new and existing suppliers on material prices.
- Collate buying documents for the operational and maintenance manuals.
- Ability to interpret customer requirements from construction industry drawings and text.
- Undertake other duties as may reasonably be required and which are commensurate with the post-holder’s skills and experience.
- Essential: GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths
- Desirable: OND Minimum – HNC / Construction related course
- Essential: Proficient in use of MS Office software packages
- Desirable: Construction experience in similar role
- £17,000 – £22,000 dependent on experience
- Ideally the candidate will be local to the head office in Cubbington, Leamington Spa
We are a long established family run business with a great reputation in the industry and a great training ethic, investing in our staff. We value the skills and expertise of our staff and are committed to developing each employee so that they are appropriately trained and proficient in their work.
If you are interested in applying for the position please submit your CV or details in the first instance to:
Strictly no agencies at this time please.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is fully committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and job applicants equally.