Investment in sport across the UK since the London 2012 Olympics helped Team GB to achieve the best results ever at Rio 2016. Imagine what Britain’s athletes could achieve at Tokyo 2020 if that investment continues.
Previously, investment in high-performance sport was minimal and elite level athletes received little financial support to help them achieve their goals. But National Lottery Funding has changed that and access to grants and support through the programmes it runs have played a huge part both in helping the UK’s athletes improve and the success Team GB achieved at Rio 2016. Throughout the last four years, the government and UK Sport have invested £274m.
Here at O’Brien’s we have witnessed what having better sports facilities means for communities, schools and universities with the many sports pitch projects we have delivered across the UK.
Some of the projects we’ve delivered include:
- A synthetic “Mondo” 6 lane 400m IAAF and UK Athletics track with associated field facilities and a full size FIFA compliant pitch on the infield at The Eastwood Academy and they’re thrilled with it, saying: “We were very impressed with O’Brien Contractors from start to finish. They assisted us with ideas in our design phase and were not only timely in their completion but the quality of the work was outstanding. We have had many people visit our facility and have been continually informed that our track is of a superior quality to that of major international stadiums.” You can read more about what schools can achieve by investing in new sports facilities here.
- We partnered with Notts Sports, a leading specialist in the design, advice and supply of artificial turf for multi-sports and playgrounds, for the installation of a 6,052m2 3G FIFA 1 star compliant surface at Warden Park Academy. Jonathan Beck, Buildings and Facilities Manager, said: “I just wanted to drop you a line to say what a pleasure it has been to work and collaborate with your 3G site team at the academy for the duration of the build over the summer. They are a great bunch of blokes, exceptionally hard working and a real credit to you and your company.”
Finding a trusted partner
In order to maximise your budget and deliver high quality sports facilities, you need to engage with a specialist whose team of experts has a proven track record in designing and building sports projects to a diverse range of exacting client specifications.
O’Brien Sports delivers natural sports pitches used for rugby, football and cricket. It also supplies synthetic and Multi Use Games Area pitches, with surfaces suitable for just about every sport and user – from professional sports teams to schools and communities.
O’Brien Sports offers a full range of sports pitch services, including:
- Full design and build construction projects
- Synthetic and multi-use games area (MUGA) pitches
- Pitch renovations
- Natural sports pitches
- Total solutions for sports pitches
- Infrastructure, including access roads and car parks
So, if you’d like to invest in the health and future of your community’s budding athlete, get in touch to talk about your project so that you can get them training in plenty of time for Tokyo 2020.